Sunday, September 9, 2012

Young and Full of Fire


Young and full of fire,
I wrote my dreams and fears;
Penned vengeance and forgiveness.
I knew with foolish certainty
The future would be brighter.
I thought nothing could be worse
Than the hell I was living through.
So many clichés
Are flying through my mind
Showing just how ignorant
A teenage girl can be.
Pains of the heart
Are no less painful
Than pains of the body
And the pains of responsibility.
But as I look back
With time shaded eyes
I see the simple life
I could have lived
If I’d stopped wishing.

Note: My life is still hard but in a different way. I am definitely much happier than I was as a teenager, but that's what perspective and experience can do. It has allowed me to search out and appreciate the good in my life despite the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment